Basketball Injury Causes
- An ankle injury to a child has the potential to damage the growth plate. In this case a sports health professional should be consulted.
- Finger injuries can occur due to contact with the ball
- Sudden changes in direction that put the ligaments and menisci of the knee at risk for injury.
- A traumatic blow to the knee can injure the medial collateral ligament (MCL) or the anterior cruciate ligament (ACL).
- Deep bruising can occur from having one player’s knee strike another player in the thigh
- A rapid increase in activity level or training (overtraining)