Cycling Injury Causes
- Riding a bicycle that is not properly fit to the rider.
- Using a helmet that does not properly fit the rider
- Keeping the elbows locked instead of slightly flexed.
- Not changing hand position for the duration of a ride.
- Staying on the “drops” for extended periods of time.
- Riding at too high a gear ratio and/or too high a revolution per minute (RPM).
- Overuse from riding too long or over terrain that is too difficult.
- Being struck by another vehicle including other bicycles and cars.