Volleyball Injury Prevention and Performance
The best way to avoid volleyball related injuries is to be trained in proper technique and mechanics. Additionally, wearing protective padding on the knees and elbows can help reduce the occurrence of injury.
Other ways to avoid injury include
- To improve performance and decrease the risk of injury a strengthening and conditioning program that stresses proper technique should be implemented.
- Any training program should be developed by a sports health professional like a sports physical therapist.
- Proper exercise parameters should be followed, with the program focusing on the lower back, shoulders, and lower extremity.
- Jump training on hard surfaces should be minimized to decrease lower extremity injuries.
- Players should warm-up prior to practice or games by doing light aerobics and gentle stretching. Additionally players should take the time to cool-down after practice and games.