Expert and Individualized Care; Delivered Virtually
Twin Boro Physical Therapy is excited to offer Telehealth as a treatment solution for our existing patients who are unable to attend treatment sessions in the clinic. Our licensed physical therapists are able to provide skilled physical therapy to our existing patients via a secure, HIPAA compliant video platform. The telehealth platform allows our patients to continue progressing towards their functional goals with face to face virtual care. Our physical therapists will progress and guide patients through their individualized programs while patients are in the convenience of their homes.
What is telehealth?
Telehealth physical therapy, or virtual physical therapy, is the use of video and other electronic communication methods that allows therapists to provide information and treatments to patients remotely (from any location). Telehealth has been growing in popularity in a number of fields, and it’s now being seen more frequently in physical therapy settings because many patients are requesting more efficient and less expensive ways of accessing care.
What are the benefits of telehealth?
In the traditional model of physical therapy, a patient must make an appointment within office hours, travel to the appointment, wait for a period of time before seeing the physical therapist, and then travel home. Many of these steps are either reduced or eliminated with the telehealth model of physical therapy, which are illustrated in the following benefits:
- More flexible scheduling: if you need an early morning, evening, or weekend video appointment, you can usually find one
- One-on-one: you’ll spend more time with your therapist one-on-one
- Receive treatment anywhere: whether you’re at home or on vacation, you can still have a video treatment session with your therapist
- No travel required: this means less hassle and lower costs
Who is telehealth most appropriate for?
Telehealth should appeal to any patient that’s interested in more freedom with their physical therapy care plan, but there are certain populations that it’s especially appropriate for. These include the following:
- Orthopedic Injuries: older adults with conditions that affect their mobility and physical function—like osteoporosis, arthritis, and balance disorders—may struggle to get to in-person appointment and are perfectly suited for telehealth physical therapy
- Workers’ Comp patients: whether an injury on the job needs an immediate assessment or an injured worker is trying to get back to full strength, telehealth allows quick and convenient access to our services
- Chronic conditions: patients with these conditions often require lots of intense care at first and then regular checkups in the long term, which is made easier with video visits
- Post-hospital recovery: patients recovering from surgeries and medical procedures will need to be regularly monitored after leaving the hospital, but traveling can be difficult in their condition; telehealth solves this issue by bringing care directly to the patient
Learn more about telehealth at Twin Boro Physical Therapy
Here at Twin Boro Physical Therapy, we use PhysiTrack for all of our telehealth engagements. This software not only allows our physical therapists to communicate with patients through convenient video visits, but also offers several handy features like built-in home-exercise programs, educational tools, and outcome measure assessments that can be used to track your progress through an exercise program.
Common Questions of Telehealth Visit
Telehealth visits are scheduled as a video call between the patient and the physical therapist. The visit will use a secure, HIPAA compliant platform that includes live streaming, exercise programs, as well as compliance tracking for real time feedback on progression with your physical therapist.
Patients will need access to a smartphone, tablet, or computer with reliable internet as well as video capabilities.
Download the telehealth app onto smartphone/tablet or computer. Your therapist will email instructions prior to first telehealth visit.
Every patient’s visit is different as each program is individualized, however; most telehealth visits will last for approximately 30min.
Due to clinic availability, we cannot ensure you will see your existing physical therapist. But our physical therapists will collaborate to ensure you are receiving consistent care based on your individualized treatment program.
If you’re interested in learning more about telehealth and determining if it’s right for you, contact Twin Boro Physical Therapy at 1-877-894-6267. We look forward to hearing from you!