Wrestling Injury Causes
- A common wrestling condition, cauliflower ear is caused by severe bruising to the structures of the ear from friction with the mat or another body part.
- Concussions can occur from hard contact with the mat, floor, or other wrestler
- Severe tongue and tooth injuries also occur through direct contact with the mat, floor, or opponent.
- Repetitively striking the mat can cause sharp pain and swelling at the knee.
- The twisting of the knee during wrestling can also result in ligament injuries