The majority of tennis-related injuries are overuse injuries caused by the repetitive strain placed on the body by completing motions over and over. Because of this, improper swing mechanics play a large role on the development of tennis injuries.
Other ways to avoid injury include
- Strengthening of the muscles of the shoulder, elbow, wrist, and hand will help decrease the risk of upper extremity injuries.
- Proper grip size, racket tension, and overall fit of racket to player.
- Proper technique improves performance but also will lower the chance of injury.
- A warm-up designed by a sports health professional should be included prior to practice or play.
- A sports health professional like a sports physical therapist can design and implement a conditioning program to keep the athlete playing and not sitting out rehabilitating an injured body part.
- Proper footwear should be worn to decrease the number of knee, ankle and foot injuries.
Please complete the form below and someone will be in touch within 24 hours to schedule your desired appointment within the next 24-48 hours.